Re: GTV wheel size?

Robert

On the Giulia Sprint GT, which has an identical body to the '67 GTV, I use
14 X 7 wheels with 195-60 tyres. Clearance is not a major problem at the
front. At the rear, you can easily get more clearance by flattening the lip
of the wheel arch. Only the very top section, the almost horizontal part
fouls the tyre. This is no big deal and if done carefully, the modification
is not noticeable.

I have also used the original steel 15" wheels widened to 6.5" with 195-60
tyres on this car and the 2000 GTV and they fitted fine but my preference
is for the 14" wheel/tyre combination which gives much better handling and
also looks great! All this said, the Gotti 3-piece 13 x 7 wheels with
205-60 tyres tended to foul the rear wheel arches on my GTV until I did the
flattening trick. The parafanghi/mudgurds/fenders have not been flared.

By the way, the GTV (1750/2000) has the widest body out of the
Berlina/Spider/GTV trio. The Berlina in spite of being a 4 door is the
narrowest - I'm fairly sure, but I may be corrected on this. I can also
vouch for the fact that the wider wheels I've mentioned will not fit easily
into the Berlina' narrower rear wheel housings. I had to resort to
modifying a friend's car with a length of tubafor inserted between the tyre
and wheel arch to achieve the necessary clearance - at his insistence
...calm down, Andrew W.! ... when he borrowed my wheels for a race meeting.

Les in Wellington, New Zealand
about to take the head off the 75 TwinSpark