Re:re: Fixing Spitfire electrics

"hmmm...  sounds suspiciously similar to the propaganda most ignorant north
americans spout about italian cars...  and, except for
jag/lotus/ferrari/lambo, most af these fine wehicles aren't awailable here in
north america.  hmmm..."

dave replies:
"With all due respect, bullroar.  The only consistent, irreparable problems my little Giulietta Sprint ever had were with its &$@#$% Lucas electrical
components...."
don't get me wrong, i never said italian cars were unreliable, but like it or not, that's most folks' *perception* of them.  if it's cuz they sourced crap from lucas, so be it.  (my alfa 164 has made me curse bosch on more than one occasion, fwiw...)  as far as the spitfires go, i've heard lotsa folks, from this list, from the pantera list, & yust plain old ordinary folks, who have said that, w/a minimal amount of care, their spitfires were as reliable as anyting else around.

ymmv,

doug s.

btw, concerning electricals, i yust found a gnu micro-switch for my tropicaire fan on my gtwe6, from the cherry corp, in waukegan il; same exact switch/model # as the original - since i dint wanna buy the minimun 1000 pieces, they're sending me a *sample*, free of charge..  :>)