Re:re: Fixing Spitfire electrics

Doug Sedon sez in AD Vol 8 #20--
"hmmm...  sounds suspiciously similar to the propaganda most ignorant north
americans spout about italian cars...  and, except for
jag/lotus/ferrari/lambo, most af these fine wehicles aren't awailable here in
north america.  hmmm..."

With all due respect, bullroar.  The only consistent, irreparable problems my
little Giulietta Sprint ever had were with its &$@#$% Lucas electrical
components.  My Dad and I learned to adjust the brakes (three-shoe), set up
the valves that loved to burn, and torque the head properly, but in cold
weather, the car's starting was flat unpredictable.  That ain't propaganda my
friends, that's facts.  Like the scars on me hands from countless R/R of
generators and starters and voltage regulators.  Like the new cuss words I
invented at the tender age of 17 when all known solutions to the numerous
electrical ills failed (with a new battery!).
So don't tell me about old Lucasvagens now, I got somewhat smart long ago and
turned to more reliable vehicles I could maintain, DRIVE and ENJOY.  Like my
Bosch-equipped Alfa Spider.

Dave Jarman
Lexington KY
USA