RE: Verde sunroof etc.

> The first shipment of 200 Milano Verde cars to the U.S. did not have
> trunk lid liners AND a few were "stripped".  These had  minimum sound
> insulation and no sunroof because they were expected to be sold and used
> for racing.  Even with the beefed up suspension and bigger motor, these
> stripped Verdes weighed no more than a 2.5 Milano.  The exact number of
> stripped cars sans sunroof wasn't given, but not many it seems.

The 3.0 motor weighs pretty much the same as the 2.5.  And, fwiw, the
'beefed up suspension" of the Verde consists of a thicker front sway bar.

I've never seen any Milano with a trunk lid liner.  Trunk liner yes, trunk
lid liner no.

Both of my Verdes are (or were, one got turned into a parts car) early
'87's, both had sunroofs, neither had cruise control, all had AC, neither
had trunk lid liners, both had trunk liners..

If I were really going to build a Verde for racing, then the first thing I'd
drop would be the AC.  The components are pretty damn heavy, not to mention
power robbing.

I still don't think there's any such thing as a stripped Verde (from the
factory).

bs