RE: Milano Production - Verde - racing subgroup

> I have recently been informed that there was a special light weight
> Verde production run of 200 cars to be used for racing.  These cars had
> minimal sound insulation, no power options except windows & RV mirrors
> and were probably the only Verdes without a sunroof.
>
> I was then told (since my Verde has no sunroof) there would be no trunk
> lid carpet either.  When I checked a few days later that bit of trivia
> turned out to be true.  So...I'm wondering:  Verde owners, do you have a
> sunroof?  Trunk lid carpet?  Both or one without the other?  The VIN of
> my Verde is ZARDA1248J1051123.  I'm assuming any such production run
> would be consecutive but really know squat.  The PO did buy the car new
> and used it in SCCA events, a fact unknown to the person telling me
> about the "special run".

I've never heard such a thing.  I've never seen any Verde with trunk lid
carpeting, and beyond the windows and mirrors I don't know what other power
options there might be (except the sunroof).

Does your Verde have AC?

I have heard from one person on the Verde register that there were very few
Verdes without sunroofs (much less than 200).  You can check out the Verde
register at:

www.employees.org/~bshorey/VerdeRegister.htm

HTH,

bs