RE: '77 Spider alternate jacking points

> In talking about the safe places to jack up a car, Brian Shorey said
"Better
> than the axle tubes might be under the rear end of the trailing arm
itself."
> I don't jack my car up using the axle tubes simply because it tends to be
> ineffective with the rear springs compress, but is this possibly damaging?

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the axle tubes, however
after jacking that's one place to potentially put the jack stands..

The reason I prefer either the diff housing or the ends of the trailing arms
is that they tend to sit inside the cup on the floor jack a little better -
with the floor jack under the axle tube the chance of the car slipping
sideways is slightly higher.

Fwiw,

bs