Re: Speeding on I-5

Hi Kim,
I hope my comment about 33 and 166 wasn't taken as an admonishment, I've
done some of my best speeding on I5! :) You just need to keep yours eyes
open like any place else but the base speed is usually around 80 or so
which is nice.
101 isn't to great really. Lots of towns and traffic, usually more cops on
the ground. I guess it could be considered more interesting but its not the
kind of interesting I like. For heading to Hearst Castle, if your coming up
from the Los Angeles area I would recommend a hybrid. Maybe try I5 up to
the Buttonwillow area and then head west over 58 out of McKittrick. This
will drop you over the mountains just north of San Louis Obispo. Pop down
to San Louis and pick up 1 north toward Hearst Castle. If you haven't found
yourself on this stretch of 1 before, get ready. Its a blast with the best
parts starting just north of the castle.

Don't be ashamed of a Mustang. I have a 1998 4.9 overhead cam GT and to
tell ya the truth, against most drivers and on a nice mountain road where
the limits of cornering shouldn't be tested its a winner. Loads of power
and enough grip to make it useful. The 4.9 gets almost as good mileage as
my Spider too (at cruise speed that is).

Ed