Re: I-5, US101 (California drivers)

Kim, all.

Those admonishments are probably due to the observers (including myself)
having sustained over-the-speed-limit speeds and getting taxed for it.

I've done sprints to top speed and back down again on other open
highways without being reprimanded.  I guess the window of
mis-opportunity is squeezed when you do sprints.  On I-5, it's easy to
be tempted to go 90mph for long periods.  This is when you're most
likely to be pulled over.

I have had one run, between Willow Springs and San Francisco, sustaining
over 100mph as traffic was light/nonexistant with another Milano/75.
That was almost necessary because after our track time, we were
exhausted that going any slower would have made us fall asleep at the
wheel... going fast kept us quite awake!

US 101 is a lot slower and there are more regional/district officers
trawling for revenue.  It's also more scenic so you tend to go slower anyway.

That was years ago when we were younger, of course.

Nizam