seats and carpet

I have two items I would like to take care of on my 91 spider in the next
little while:

1. Re-upholster the seats: they are very faded, one has a small tear and
both need new foam. They are vinyl. Several alternatives are available
anywhere from new seats to buying seat covers and attempting to do myself or
bring to an upholstery shop. The seat covers available on IAP seem very nice
but are very expensive. What about re-staining-is that a good alternative
once the tear is fixed? Suggestions would be appreciated.

2. While at it I would like to change the carpeting as well. Any good places
to buy pre-cut carpeting? Caribou seem to have great carpeting kits and the
cost is very reasonable. However, they don't seem to have carpeting for a 91
spider. Is putting down carpeting a big job with a pre-cut kit?

Thank you in advance and thank you to all those to wrote with their
suggestions regarding the alarm system. Made my decision much easier-and
affordable.

Richard
Seattle