RE: Spider windsheild R&R, trailing arm bushings

> Does anyone out there know the procedure for removing and replacing the
> windshield on a Spider?

You can remove all of the metal trim, gently work on the gasket from the
inside, and *gently* push the windshield out, applying even pressure across
as much of the surface as you can.

I've got about a 50% hit rate when doing it this way, when you hear the
sound of a crack it can ruin your whole day.

Much easier is to cut the gasket.  You should probably be replacing it
anyhow, new ones can't be that much money.

I saw a reference to cutting it from the inside, I'm not sure what that buys
you.  I've had good luck removing the trim, cut the gasket on the outside,
remove the outside portion of the gasket and the windshield will fall right
out (well, it won't fall out, but you get the point..).

Installation is a lot more fun, use the string trick.  Spider windshields
are easier than coupes because you can put the top down and get a lot better
access to the whole thing.

Hope this helps,

bs