Re: Spider windsheild R&R, trailing arm bushings

Paul:

Just did these on my Spider so I could install Super Pro.  It was a
painfully long experience but successful.  Actually all you do is remove as
much of the rubber (I used a drill but you could burn it out - very
smelly)  Then you carefully cut through the metal sleeve remaining with a
hacksaw.  I went 'almost through' then used cold chisel to peel away the
sleeve from the trailing arm housing.  It's not a quick method but does
save screwing up the trailing arms with a press.  Installing the Super Pro
bushings is the easy part.

Share your experience with the trunion to body & sway bar links

Thanks

Ralph
Houston, TX

At 11:22 AM 03/25/2000 -0800, Paul Irvine wrote:
>The only ones that gave me trouble were the
>trailing arm bushings. I had to take them to the shop and even they said
>that they may not have any luck with them so if anyone has a handle on that
>procedure please let me know.

Ralph
Houston, TX