Re: Spider Quadrifoglio top boot

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great info I got regarding how
my top boot is supposed to be fastened to the car.  Here's a recap
for those who are interested.

It appears that the Veloce and Quadrifoglio use similar arrangements.
The cover stretches across two studs located just in front of the
trunk lid, one on each side.  Inside the car, there are 2 snaps (one
on each side) on the post near the top of the door.  Two straps at
the bottom of the boot meet up with another snap of snaps near the
bottom of each door.  (Thanks to Gordy Hyde for this description -
that's how I figured out that I had the right stuff).  Finally, there
is a plastic fork on each side at the front of the top boot that
slides on to the top frame.

On the other hand, Graduates use clips along the edge of the cover to
hold it down to the chrome strip.  I'm not sure what else they fasten
to inside the car.

My Quad's cover was complete, but one of the snaps inside the car was
missing, one pulled out when I tried to use it and there wasn't even
a hole for the lower snap on the driver's side.  They were screwed
into the plastic trim with what look like sheet metal screws.  I can
see how snapping and unsnapping can eventually work the screw out of
the plastic.  I got some new snaps and attached them to the trim with
a screw/washer/nut combo that will keep them together for a long time
to come.  I found some washers that have rubber on one side (probably
meant to form a seal in wet applications).  That should avoid
damaging the inside surface of the trim.

So now I'm happy, the top boot looks great and it flaps a bit less.
As one of the replies said "The faster you go, the less the flapping
will bother you."

Thanks again!

  -Robert
   1985 GTV6
   1987 Spider Quadrifoglio
- --

  Robert Abatecola       | Internet Connectivity, VPN, DSL, ISDN,
  The Stradivarian Group | Low Cost Web Hosting, Network Consulting,
  (408) 257-4482         | Software Development, Database Development,
  robert@domain.elided       | Mac OS/UNIX/Linux/Windows, Sys Admin