re: No.Va. mechanics

hi bryan, ewe said:
>...and Crown Auto which is somewhere near Bladensburg
>but I don't recall exactly where.
===========================
doug mitchell of crown, is in old-town gaithersburg, conweniently a couple
hundred yards from the marc train station.  301.977.3990

>  Personal opinions, for whatever their worth:
>- --Julio at Milano Motors is a nice guy, seems to
>really know what he's doing, but I've not had any work
>done there.
===================
julio *is* competent, but will take adwantage of the unsuspecting, imho...

>- --Crown auto I tried to go to once...called and
>couldn't reach anyone so I drove up there.  At 3 p.m.
>on a weekday the shop was closed, there were no posted
>hours, no phone number, no note on the door saying
>"back in half an hour"...generally no signs of life.
>I've talked to a few people who swear by him but my
>first and only experience was that he's not easy to
>get a hold of, so I would think you might not see your
>car for a while.
=======================
doug *is* crown auto - if he has to go out for something, likely as not, no one
else will be there.  good idea to call in adwance.  ewe mite have to wait a few
days for him to take your car (*mite*), but the turn-around is usually
reasonable, unless the diagnosis is more complex than originally anticipated -
but this can happen anywhere.  ewe will *not* find a more honest individual than
doug, imho, & for me, this is worth a lot.  plus, his hourly rate is $10-$30
less than the other area alfa-guys.  that's worth something, too!

>  I have no experience with Rosanova, but with a car
>as old as your's there may be some benefit to taking
>it to a dealer.
also competent, but still has the dealer attitude, last i've heard.  re: taking
an older car to a dealer, i'd actually be more inclined to take a *newer* car to
a dealer - doug at crown, for instance, is much less familiar w/the 164's than
w/the older alfas...

hope this is of some use...

doug s.