No.Va. mechanics

  There are two places in Northern Va., and both are
in Fairfax -- Precision Import and London's Auto
Service.  Both are in the phone book.  Depending on
how far you want to drive, you could also go to Milano
Motors in Kennsington Md, Rosanova (formerly an Alfa
dealer) in Bladensburg Md, and Crown Auto which is
somewhere near Bladensburg but I don't recall exactly
where.
  Personal opinions, for whatever their worth:
- -- I like London's.  They're friendly guys who are
willing to talk with you about your car problems.
- -- I don't like Precision.  They're the typical "I
have no idea, you'll have to bring the car in" kind of
shop...didn't like their attitude, and needed to rob a
bank to pay their prices.
- --Julio at Milano Motors is a nice guy, seems to
really know what he's doing, but I've not had any work
done there.
- --Crown auto I tried to go to once...called and
couldn't reach anyone so I drove up there.  At 3 p.m.
on a weekday the shop was closed, there were no posted
hours, no phone number, no note on the door saying
"back in half an hour"...generally no signs of life.
I've talked to a few people who swear by him but my
first and only experience was that he's not easy to
get a hold of, so I would think you might not see your
car for a while.
  I have no experience with Rosanova, but with a car
as old as your's there may be some benefit to taking
it to a dealer.
Good luck
Bryan Carter
Olympia, Wa.