Re:renting an Alfa in Europe

In a message dated 3/20/00 7:07:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: Kevin.FILLIP@domain.elided
 Subject: Renting an Alfa in Europe

      Anybody have any info. on renting an Alfa in Europe ? I'll be in
      Marseille for one week in May and would love to rent a 156 if I could.
      National and Eurocar have already told me no go.

      Kevin Fillip
      Dallas, TX

Kevin,

last Summer I booked a BMW 318 from Hertz in Switzerland. Upon
arrival in Zurich, I was told they had no BMW's, Audi's or Mercedes
left, but had plenty of Alfa 156's !  smile.....smile...smile...

I suggest you call Marseilles rental companies direct and ask what
cars they ACTUALLY have. In my experience, rental companies
seldom have what they advertise and often will give you what you
request, if contacted directly.

Good luck.

Howard Jacobs
Cleveland OH