Friend looking at Spider Quadrifoglio

Hey folks,

Having spent most of my digest-reading time on Milano-related
posts, I've skimmed many Spider threads. Hindsight is 20/20!

A colleague of mine is looking at an '89 Spider Quadrifoglio w/
57k miles, asking price $10k. My questions are these:

1. What should you look for when buying a Spider of this vintage
(for example, on the Milano you'd look at water-pump, donuts,
power-steering etc.)?

2. Is this a reasonable price for a Spider Quad in very good to
excellent condition?

3. What do the terms "veloce" and "quadrifoglio" actually mean
on Spiders? I'm pretty sure it comes down to trim as opposed to
performance on these newer cars, but I'm not certain.

Feel free to respond off-digest if you wish.

Cheers,
Neil
'87 Milano Quadrifoglio Oro
San Francisco, CA