Re: Renting an Alfa in Europe

Kevin,

There are plenty of 156s in France at rental agencies.

They told me the same thing at New Year, this year, but when I showed up, I
realized that I had reserved a class D car and the 156 was classified as
class B, 2 classes smaller and cheaper.

They can't guarantee what specific car you will get, but it seems the 156
is a popular car and plentiful, at least in Paris and Tours.

THe down side, they are ALL diesels with 1.9 L motors, it seems all rental
cars in France are diesels these days even BMW 5 Series and Mercedes which
my friends rented, I used to be able to rent petrol cars years ago.
ABsolutely anemic, with a 1.5K powerband, from 3K to 4K+ rpms and it sounds
like a UPS truck. Nice car otherwise. Really nice steering wheel and key
fob, nice packaging all around, feels much more balanced and nimble than
the 164, I could tell much otherwise with that engine, though.

bon voyage,

	- Steve.
	  groggy in Boston.