Re: US Gas prices

While the gas price increase may, on the surface, affect only those who drive
around in SUV's, it affects every transportation device and service.

It now costs twice as much to deliver groceries to your local store, twice as
much to deliver mail, twice as much for the pizza delivery boy to get to your
house, twice as much for the cities to ferry around folks in the city buses.
Eventually, those services and products will go up in price causing an artificial
inflation.  The luckier ones amongst us won't see the real effects of this but
the less fortunate, those who have been scraping by even before the gas price
hike, will.

The good news for me, personally, is that if the gas prices stay up those poseurs
in SUV's (now now, I'm not picking on those of you who USE SUV's they as were
intended to, e.g. towing your Alfas to the track)  will dump them like the broken
toys they are.  Improved visibility is good.

The bad news is, I'll have to pay more for everything that depended on
gasoline-derived transportation to be delivered to me.  Alfa parts from AlfaBill
will be slightly more expensive, my asparagus may cost a few dimes more and I'll
be less likely to work on my cars when it's cold since the kerosene heater I have
in the garage will likely cost twice as much to run.

But, times change!  If gas prices stayed up, don't you think folks will start
switching back to lower-cc cars?  Wouldn't the 145/146/147 then be a GREAT
alternative to the mundane offerings from the East?  Hey, maybe the 156 Selespeed
(only a 2.0 TS) could be a hit in NA, not to mention the 156 2.4JTD.

I'm with Robert Clauss here, the US economy needs an adjustment (and to help
prepare them for lower-cc fun Alfas) :-).

Nizam