RE: dying for a 145???

Having seen Top Gear recently I won't give their comments much
weight.  They seem to have an obsession with trying to get the cars
sideways - makes good television shots.  Weren't too impressed with the
Ferrari 360 Modena either!!!!
Wonder what our UK contributors think?

Ralph (also in Houston)

At 02:21 PM 03/16/2000 -0700, gerald.lewis@domain.elided wrote:
>Since all the hoopla about the return of Alfa to these shores many have
>started clamoring for the 145 and derivitives.  You might want to check out
>the BBC Top Gear website and see what they think about it.
>
>Some excerpts;
>
>"the steering is lifeless and doesn't inspire confidence. "
>
>"The gear change is also lifeless, so overall the 145 loses out for appeal"
>
>"The Alfa doesn't fare too well in ride quality either."
>
>"The seats are supportive but you sit high, so the Alfa lacks the sporty
>feel of the
>BMW."
>
>Not everything was negative, they liked the style, roominess, aaaaaand the
>engine.
>
>http://www.topgear.beeb.com/
>
>I think I'll pass on this one and wait for a nice 156.
>

>Jerry in Houston

Ralph
Houston, TX