RE: dying for a 145???

Regarding the 145, realize that:

1. Many in the UK are extreme DRIVING enthusiasts.
   They know good cars (just have problems 'producing'
   them), and will complain about driving details that
   the typical US driver doesn't even understand.  No
   one get nationalistic now, this is a fact, period. :)
2. the Alfa Romeo 147 is coming by years end, and besides
   using the new Bravo/147 platform, it incorporates 156
   suspension, Selespeed, and that amazing 2.0 T.S.
   engine.  The 145 was not fully mature (especially
   its chassis/suspension).. even though it's looks were
   fantastic (ok, in my opinion :).  The 147 will be a
   great challenger to the BMW 2-series and Audi A3.
   Imagine an AWD/Turbo version (ala Audi S3)... *drewl*
3. The '147Q' would be great competition in the US to
   the Honda Integra/SI Coupe and VW GTI (that people
   appear to snap up like mad in California).

But as that one fellow said.  No worth complaining
since we are at least getting Spiders and 156's :)

take care,

Ryan

ps. The BMW 318ti (aka: compact, student edition, etc.)
    was an equally less than thought out design.  The
    2-series will be great (and never seen in the USofA).