Re: GM electrics

In a message dated 3/16/00 10:44:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< They will have access to GM components i.e. switches, climate control etc.
considered the best in the world, >>>

 <<<WHAT?!?!?!  Tell my friends, who return their GM cars and trucks to the
 dealership over and over to have electrical problems fixed, that their
 machines are equipped with the best components in the world.  I'm sure
 they'll find that very reassuring. >>

The industry purchases more GM parts than any other company. The fact that
your friend have problems with their electrical system is unfortunate for
them. There are over 15,000 parts on a car, if it is 99.9% perfect you still
have 15 problems. One thing you will find is that most electric problems can
usually be traced to the installation of an aftermarket, stereo, phone, alarm
system etc. I know of an incident where a phone was installed in an STS and
resulted in the destroying of a Northstar transmission. You can't just tap a
hot wire anymore.