Re: They haven't made REAL Alfas since - -

In a message dated 3/16/00 10:44:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< In AD7-1451 Joe Italiacars writes "Whether it's GM Alfa, FIAT Alfa or
before,
 it's is all the same. They haven't made REAL Alfas since WWll."

 Ah. But when did WWII really begin, and when did it really end?? And are we
 talking beginning or end? After all, 100% of Alfa Romeo road car production
 from 1939 through 1950 was the 6C 2500. Was the critical factor the 2 mm
bore
 increase of the 2500 from the 6C 2300 - no "real" Alfa has a bore over 70
mm?
 Or was the critical factor the independant suspension introduced in 1935
with
 the "B" version of the 6C 2300, and used also on that meretricious 8C 2900?
 Or was it the (shudder) introduction of an integral crankcase and cylinder
 block together with (gag) chain-drive for the camshafts which came with the
 original el cheapo 6C 2300 in early 1934? >>

John,
    I agree, my point is that you can draw a line just about anywhere about
what is a REAL Alfa and what isn't. It is just an excuse by a group of
whinning people as to why they won't clear the dust off their wallets to buy
a new Alfa or even new parts fr that matter. Then complain why Alfas pulls
out of North America.

BTW the revival of Bugatti went belly up about 8 years ago. However, during
their buying binge about 2 years ago, VW bought the rights to the Bugatti
name and is now making show cars and plans to build a factory near the old
plant in Molsheim