Re: Re: Alfas' Reliability: Food for Thoughts

I believe the failure figures for older Camrys and S-Class autos. Think of it
- - how many 15 to 25 year old Toyotas and/orMercedes do you really see on the
road?

I have had an Alfa daily driver (or two) for almost 30 years. They do not
leave me stranded, and though rust is a problem, it is less of a problem than
it is with most older Japanese cars. Rust is about on par with Mercedes.

Toyota and Mercedes lose out in the passion department. That is why we see
more older Alfas than either of the other two.

And no, I do not live in warm southern climes (though I have). Most of that
thirty years was spent in South Dakota, Minnesota, and Ohio.

Ben
1978 Spider
1984 GTV6 (for sale)
1981 Lancia Beta Coupe