Re: GenY's and Alfas (interesting incident!)

There is hope yet!  I was on my way to lunch in my 164 when two De Anza College students in a clapped out Mustang LX pulled up and looked over and nodded.  I rolled my window down and the driver who couldn't be older than a college sophomore said, "I'm just admiring your car, did you hear Alfa is coming back?"  Wait, it was only YESTERDAY that the news came on the Internet.  WOW.  These kids are CONNECTED!  But why the hell were they reading about a GM/FIAT deal?  Then again, did you hear about the
nationwide contest of [K-12] students with stock portfolios?  It was on CNN yesterday morning.

Anyway, back to the incident ... I didn't have time to say much else but "Thanks!  And yes, you guys should buy one soon!" as my left turn green light came on.  I guess that's the difference between us and GenY's.  The Internet is like running water and electricity to them.   GenY's _ARE_ Alfa's way back into the NA market.  Not us.  We'll just help out on one end of the scale (156 Selespeeds, GTAs and 166's) but their bread and butter will be the lower end cars which will have to compete against the Acuras
and GTI's.

Like many of you have pointed out, even if everyone on this list in the US bought a new Alfa when they came out, it wouldn't hold them in the market for long.  It's those crazy kids in the beater Mustang dreaming of buying a new Alfa that will make Alfa stay for good.

I'm still dazed by their recognition.  I must be getting old.

And yes, the S4 is to tie me over, Giovanni.  I haven't lost my roots.  What, you crazy?

Nizam