Spider seats

Just a question:

With the price of decent recoverable spider seats (post -86) hovering in the
$200 range, plus the local rate of about $200/seat to recover them in vinyl,
some of the after market seats start to look better and better.  I vaguely
recall that there was some issue with the height of the various brands (the
stock Spider seats are pretty low as I recall), but has anybody tried the
various Recaro, Corbeau or other seats?

Bill Bain