Re:First time valve adjustment

Well, after the fan, radiator, water pump, it is now time to adjust the
valves on my 81 2.0 liter spider. I am going to put in a new ignition switch
(from Centerline) and have my bottom leather seat cushion on the drivers side
restuffed and stitched, I thought that since the seat was out then it would
be a great time for me to adjust the valves. I read the Alfa Bible and feel
fairly comfortable with the procedure but like many other things there are
some tricks that certainly help the process. Like, what about lubing the
bearing journals after installing the cam back in? And, is it really easy to
remove the cams to get to the valve shims without screwing up the valve
timing? I look to some of the more experienced member on the digest to help
here, it would be appreciated. I may turn into a fairly decent Alfa mechanic
yet. Thanks, Norm.

Norman Wiginton
71 Spider project & engine FS
81 Spider (great cruiser)