Re: Alfa US Sales.

In a message dated 3/10/00 5:15:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Ouch!!  Now that hurts!  If only ALfisti are to blame(...and Chrisler),
then
 I'm at a loss, and don't understand anything anymore.  You say that if they
 sold 3,000 units a year, that may have kept Alfa here.  You mean we 3,000
 odd Alfisti should have stepped out and buy a new Alfa, ...EVERY YEAR?  Come
 on!  I think the Alfisti would go for that special Alfa model, we cannot buy
 the whole line of cars.>>>>

3,000 cars a year is not a lot. The annual US auto sales range from 12 to 15
million. I don't know what the total membership is in AROC but if it is even
1/4 the size of the Porsche club that would be 25,000 members. Enough to
support over 8 years of 3,000 units per year.

<<< PS And the only people to blame for not racing at Pocono are the Alfisti
 themselves...>>>

Actually you're right, and we only asked for 25 people to step forward. Guess
we understand why Alfa pulled out.

End of alfa-digest V7 #1436