Re: Alfa US Sales

In a message dated 3/10/00 5:15:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I don't think it matters what the "majority of usa alfisti" are turned off
by
 > - Alfa failed in the USA because they couldn't sell cars to anybody other
than
 > a small segment of the market.
 >
 > FWD or RWD, the new Spider and GTV would have sold well over here either
 > way...

 I agree 100%.  They would have done very well.

 I agree also with those who have pointed out that having a manufactuer's line
 (sold in NA) consist of only a Spider of 30 year old design, and a sedan, was
 nuts. >>

Here is a question and see if people will answer honestly. In the last 10
years that Alfa sold cars in North America 1985 - 1995 how many people on
this list purchased NEW Alfa Romeos? Used don't cut it. Stand up and be
counted, you did your part to keep Alfa in North America.

Count me as 1, anyone else?

Joe Corbacio
Italian C.A.R.S.