Re: t-bars & uniballs

At 08:11 AM 3/11/00 -0700, Greg Hermann wrote:
>>I've never replaced the big cylindrical bushings in the T-bar carrier and
>>don't know of any alternative to the factory piece for that application.
>
>The factory sold Uniballs for that application at one time.

I've never seen this and have trouble envisioning how a uniball joint would
work here.  If you have any more information, I'd be interested.

The issue is that the T-bar pivots to allow vertical motion of the axle,
but it shouldn't have any movement in the horizontal plane.  If I really
wanted to devise a replacement for the stock rubber bushings that would
allow use of the stock T-bar, I'd be inclined to use a bearing.  A better
solution, which is shown in the CRH and used by people like Alan Ward and
Jack Beck, is to replace the T-bar with a fabricated piece that has solid
mounts to the chassis on the sides and a center link to the differential
with uniballs at both ends.

Dana Loomis

End of alfa-digest V7 #1433