>Out of perverse curiosity, has any one experienced a failure of the
>bushings between the chassis and the T arm in a 105 or 115? If so, how did
>you pull the old ones and replace them? The factory manual shows some pretty
>specilized tools for the job.
>   Has anyone replaced the bushings with anything other than the factory
>bushings, for street applications or track?

I've never replaced the big cylindrical bushings in the T-bar carrier and
don't know of any alternative to the factory piece for that application.

The plastic washers that fit between the cast T-bar and the carrier are a
differnet story.  Look under an 105 from the 60s or 70s and the washers
will probably be in bad shape or missing.  When the washers go completely,
the handling that results can be...entertaining.

Super Pro makes replacement washers out of urethane.  For easy replacement,
cut a wedge out of the new washer so it looks like pizza with one slice
missing and push it onto the shaft.  You can also make adequate replacement
washers out of hard sheet plastic.  I've used both home-made and Super Pro
washers.  The only difference I've been able to detect is that the
store-bought save time and cost more.

Dana Loomis