Mike Farrone wrote:
I would like to try to install shocks on my 79 spider this weekend. What I
would like to know, will I need any special tools other than your basics
{spring compressors etc.}...
When I changed shocks on my 82 Spider, I did not need any spring compressors.
Just using a jack to lower the rear trailing arm will allow the spring to come
out, and the shock may be installed. You will have to undo the bolts holding
the trailing arm to the frame. I forget whether it was the front or rear bolts
that get removed; probably the fronts.
This is a good time to replace the reaction triangle bushings at the rear, too.
They are only about $5 for the bushings, and are well worth the effort.
In front, as I recall, you need only remove the wheel to get at the shock; no
need to undo the spring.
Good luck,
Len