V6 plug wires

Just curious...  The insulated extended plug
connectors for the V6 Alfa's seem to be what makes
them unique. (i.e. Expensive)  Has anyone tried using
the connectors for the Chrysler Hemi engines and
making up their own wires?  I have a source for these
at about $6 each and I'm thinking about ordering just
one to see if it is close to the correct reach and if
the boot is close to the right size.
I know the books and experts say that in order for the
L-jet ignition system to work properly, it is
dependent on the proper resistance but we have used
ordinary resistor wires on a 2 liter race car for
years with no ill effects and even tried changing to
stock wires on a dyno with no difference noted.
Any input??????

Dave Miller
Deltona, Florida