Need advice on registering a non-titled vehicle

  Sorry in advance...no Alfa content.  I'm moving from
Va. to Wa. in a van that I can't get a title for (long
story--trust me).  I had planned on routing my trip
through New Hampshire because N.H. doesn't require a
title for anything over 15 years old, just a bill of
sale, which I have.  I don't want to drive that far
out of my way though.  Does anyone know of any other
states with similar vehicle registration laws?  I
figure my only other options are to pay a bunch of
money to a title service company (which I don't want
to do) or get to Wa. and apply there for an abandoned
vehicle title, which means I'd have to sit on the van
for a month or more and I don't want to do that
either.
Any and all replies welcome and appreciated, but
please reply direct.  I'm currently using the computer
at the library to check my mail and I don't generally
have time to read all the digests I get.
Thanks
Bryan Carter