Clutch Bushing -- 2000 Spider

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<From: David H Willis <davwil@domain.elided>
When I bought the new clutch for my 2000 Spider from IAP, they sold me a

new clutch bushing -- the one in the end of the crankshaft, taking the
tranny shaft. Great! but how do I get the old one out of its blind hole
in the crankshaft? The world's tiniest internal puller? A negative

Yes, there is an internal puller made specifically for this purpose.
Someone else posted about the hydraulic method. On British cars, before
I had the internal puller, I used a tap twisted into the old bushing. I
levered the bushing out by clamping a Vice Grip (R) (hope they won't
send me nasty e-mails, now) on the end of the tap and using a wood block
for a fulcrum for the Vice Grip (R) to pull on the tap.

Paul Rollins