Tyre Wear on FWD Alfas

Fellow Alfisti

I've now worn down my front pair of Goodyear "Eagle Touring NCT3" tyres on
my 146 TI after it's first 12 months of motoring, covering 11,000 miles.
(Incidentally they are marked "Made in Italy") They are 195/55 VR 15 in
size. I'd describe my driving style as not particularly hard.  (God knows in
the UK's driving conditions it's hard to drive in an "enthusiastic" style
for much of the time!)
Anyway, can anybody recommend another type of tyre that in their experience
offers good all-round, all weather performance including perhaps slightly
greater longevity, specifically for the newer front-drive Alfa? Failing that
I'll get a pair of the same to match the rears which are only about 10%
worn!

My previous machine, a 1995 155 T-spark (wide-body) with the "sportpack" on
205/45 ZR16 rubber consumed Avon tyres (a mid-price brand) at about the
same rate, with it's original, grippy, Pirelli P700Z's lasting only 7,500
miles! My previous 33's and Alfasuds used to probably last at least 12,000
miles per front set, but tyre technology has moved on a lot since then, as
has the weight of the cars, effects of powersteering etc etc)

- - Oh, I've recently read that Goodyear have an "NCT5" tyre out now which is
supposed to offer superb wet weather performance and an enhanced response to
the helm. Anybody used these?

Cheers

John G
Leicestershire UK