Re; Seat belts

Ciao tutti

I have been horrified at some of the things suggested regarding seat belts
and plead with all contemplating going the "cheap route" to desist and heed
the words of Will Owen - see below. There's an old saying "$10 head - $10
helmet" but the same can also be said about belts. So what's your life
worth? Think it'll never happen to you?

A friend driving a newish Alfa 75 TwinSpark found himself sitting sideways
in the PASSENGER seat when he spun and had a big off (all his own doing)
causing himself and his car some damage at one of our track sessions. The
belts were AR inertia reel which suggests that for track sessions its wise
to go for a harness. Over here a Sabelt 3-point competition approved type
costs around $150NZ ($75US ?). Unfortunately the Transport Nazis in NZ
don't accept these as safe for road use so hordes of people drive around
with Korean-made crap belts that are probably just one step safer than a
piece of string.

Les - typing with my one good hand - lentamente!