last call on logo thread...

I had a conversation with the powers that be, and here's how
it works...(as I understand and believe accurate).

You can't use the Alfa "script" or the "cross and serpent"
etc. as it exists, for example, on a Spider wheel cap. Also,
the 4 color logo is protected. this is because it is an
asset of Fiat Auto Spa. You can change the way it looks and
then it isn't the same, like the cow on the Wisconsin club's
newsletter.

But, you can use the name in itself, such as my ficticious
"Alfa Romeo Search and Rescue Society" as it refers to my
obviously rescuing Alfas, and not trying to be the company.
Same for Alfa Parts Exchange and Alfa Heaven etc... it just
can't be posted in the Alfa official script or logo... AR
Ricambi had an issue years back because the name was too
close to the real thing, as it could be confused with Alfa
Romeo Company to the casual observer.

Colin's site is fine now, even with the "164" as it is just
digits. His font for "Alfa Romeo" is different from the
protected image, so it's ok to have the name.

Certain exceptions apply, such as where I work, is under
contract with Alfa Romeo as a dealer, so I have certain
liberties to use the protected logos as an agent of the
company, since we are a "dealer" and pay monies to ARI to be
such. Ie: on my web page for Mastro, I can use the logos to
identify the brand, same goes for Subaru.

There are extremely limited circumstances where the logos
can be used, and it would be for Fiat's commercial benefit.
For all practical purposes,(individual Alfa owners and
clubs) ARI will not allow any use of the protected logos for
any reason.

"These are my comments and shouldn't be contrued to be legal
or speaking for ARI/ARDONA or whatever, just trying to clear
up the fog".
- --
*Bill Harkell				           *
*Internet Manager				   *