Re: Lap/Harness belts - all Alfisti should have them

Dear Ed:

Last year I finished restoring my '74 GTV2000 (Bertone Coupe) and got flak
from my wife as she felt insecure in the GTV's original factory belts. I
opted for the lap/harness 3 point belts as they permit the front seats to
fold forward. Had I owned a spider I would have purchased the four-point
belts which I feel are even more secure. After driving about 5000 miles in
these new belts I believe that these belts to to be safer than airbags.
Lap/harness belts are more comfortable than modern retractable belts that
cross  your chest. Their greatest attribute is holding you firmly in your
seat when driving Alfas near their limits. I'm into track events, autocross
and speed-trials and these belts combined with a helmet give me confidence.

I found my Sabeit belts on the internet from a speedshop in California.
Forgot where. But I started my search by searching for Momo speed accessories
and ended up buying them over the net for $100 for the pair. The next problem
was how to anchor them properly. I live in Florida and close to where I work
is a shop that builds Nascar type race cars from scratch. I figured they had
to know a lot about belts and anchoring them. They did and charged me $150
for setting up the belts and anchoring them properly. I consider this a good
$250 investment and will do it on all future sports cars I may own.

Regards,

Marc Mosko
'74 GTV2000
'65 Giulia Veloce Spider (under restoration - will get 4 point belts)
<< Subject: Spider seat belts

 The seat belts in my '74 Spider are getting pretty bad. Its not just the
 webbing though, the buckle on the drives side is held together with tape. I
 don't really care if I have retracting belts but need something. I'm
 considering a lap/shoulder harness set, perhaps a 3 point system. Anybody
 ever install something like this in their Spider and where did you anchor
 it in at?

 Thanks,

 Ed >>