Bottom End rattle/Milano vs. 164

Thanks to all who responded to my query about my Milano's bottom end rattle,
most of you advised of a driveshaft problem, but the winner of this diagnosis is
Doug Sedon who accurately diagnosed it as the Clutch Throwout bearing. While the
donuts have some surface cracks and the support is a tad worn, up on a lift you
can clearly hear the noise coming from the clutch assembly, stepping on the
clutch makes it go away. I was advised to do nothing as the clutch is only 20 K
miles old.

Jess Wrote:

"Try taking the fishhook at hwy1xhwy17 at 80mph in a milano with avs-i
and shankle street suspention all around... I wouldn't even dare. My
164 LS did it with hard michellin xgt v4 driven by my mechanic."

Well   Jess,

Tell ya what, while taking nothing away from the 164's admittedly excellent and
more modern chassis, I have to note the key phrase here is "driven by my
mechanic". My former mechanic (ex-Abarth guy) once drove my worn-tired, 2 bent
wheels, stock suspension w/ worn shocks Milano Verde and ran rings around a guy
in the then fairly new BMW E36 M3. Really, I couldn't believe it. Driver Skill
is SOOOOOOOO important, IMHO. I never realized the Milano could handle like
that, I still can't make it do that, not even close.

Furthermore, in my own experience I've found FWD cars to be easier at the limit
for non experts. Whereas a real pro will get the most out of a rear driver.

Giovanni
awaiting Willow driving school so I can make the Milano do that too.
88 Verde