RE: GTV-6 Fans

If you must use the a/c alot(I do and this works pretty well) install a
small pusher fan on the front of the a/c condensor.  For me that required
removing the radiator and the grill to loosen the mounting screws on the
condensor to allow the fan to be passed in front and mounted to the front of
the condensor. The fan I put in was just a tad too thick and/or big to put
in from the front without taking out the radiator.  Another brand (I don't
remember what brand mine is but was bought at a local large generic auto
parts store.  Then the pusher fan in wired to the green wire from the a/c
clutch comressor switch on the dryer.  This turns the pusher fan on whenever
the a/c is turned on.  Makes a serious difference in efficiency of the a/c,
esp. in stop and go traffic.  Here in S. Texas we put alot of demand on our
a/c systems.  Ny schematic does not show the dual enervation of the twin
fans described by Chris, my GTV-6 never worked that way, and it is not shown
on my GTV-6 schematic.  Either way, now you can now have both rad fans
activated by the thermo switch after you verify its function.  There is a
discussion of using the Milano fan in the GTV-6 website (www.gtv6.org). It
will fit with a bit of alteration).  I have one but have not installed it as
after the above change is did not seem necessary. Another worthwhile change
is to install a Milano rotary compressor to replace the standard GTV-6
piston style compressor. I did this also. It is a bolt in conversion. I had
this and the fan mod done at the same time. See it in the GTV-6 website as
well.

Jerry in Houston