Alfa logo, brand policy etc.

>The current incident reinforces my long-standing opinion that there is a
>world of difference between the former Alfa Romeo company, which
manufactured
>cars (however flawed) which garnered my affection, and the Fiat company,
>which uses the name of that former company as a brand-name for one of its
>product lines- however excellent it may be. And why I am not among those
>pining for the return of that purchased brand name to this market. I will
>make my Alfa Romeos last as long as I can, and then move on.
>
>John H.
>Raleigh, N.C.

I strongly agree with John.
I often feel that Alfisti, i.e. most of us, do for the current company a
strong promotional work in many ways, just because we love our cars and we
talk about them with passion and conviction to anybody interested.
I've been for long asking myself why I should yet recommend a new Alfa over
other cars during the 90s.
Actually not for what attracts me in old ones.
When I hear of such incidents like this one, it makes me think that they
don't deserve what THEY earn from the passion of Alfisti.
I might one day buy a Fiat-Alfa as everyday transporter, just because there
aren't many exciting car on the market now, but very little can be compared
with Orazio Satta's achievements.

Patrick Italiano
Belgium