RE: Alfa logo, brand policy etc.

Patrick Italiano writes:  (ciao Patrick... come te la passi ???)

>When I hear of such incidents like this one, it makes me think that they
>don't deserve what THEY earn from the passion of Alfisti.

That's pretty sad indeed.
I'm still bewitched by Alfa Romeo, the new ones still attracts me
(even if I've seen there's 166 Station Vagon ARGGH!!!!), and I still
love this brand... even if I know it's just Fiat now, and that ARESE (MI)
is just a mere deposit, and that all the Alfas are made in Fiat factory. :(

But I agree with Patrick. Do they deserve us ?
For what we get as a feed back, we could easily
get rid of all Alfa logos even on out cars.
They neither talk about the mighty 75/milano on the "history" section
in their home page.  This sounds like denying some great past, making me
thinking why should I support they doubtful future.

We have had similar problem with Ducati.
We had for almot 15 years a club called "DUCATI POMPONE" using Ducati
logo for everything, even the valves desmo system was painted on the
logo.  With year y2k, no more ducati logo on the merchandise, we had
to change name too!! And this club was gathering Ducatisti WORLD WIDE...
it was just FREE support for the brand itself.  Forbidden now.
At least Ducati makes a world meeting to gather all enthusiast, Alfa
surely hates me because I keep on old stuff rather than buying a brand
new thing.

I like new Alfas, I love 'em but I'm not enthusiast.
My passions is all for the OLDER one, before Fiat.

Luca

nodoubt,
937 landpilot
A lifetime isn't enough