re: How does a GTV6 compare to a Porsche 944?

hi all,

about 3 years ago (when my hogged-out tires/shankle-ized suspension/lsd
trans/3.0 gtwe6 was still stock), i test-drove a perfect '86 944 turbo, that
could be had for $5.5k.  i really thought i'd found a replacement for my gtwe6.
loved the color, too - navy w/cream leather.  bottom line - i liked my gtwe6
even *more* on the drive home!  while the cars *were* similar in a lot of ways,
the p-car seemed more like a *lexus* wersion of the gtwe6 - quieter, heavier,
more isolated from the road.  what noise there was, was the engine - & it was
*not* sonorous, like the alfa we6.  even tho quite a bit faster in its turbo
iteration, i still preferred the total package feel of the gtwe6.  seemed to me
all i needed was a 3.0, a shankle suspension, some 225-50-15's on some 15x8
wheels...  so that's what i did!  :>)  now i *really* like it more than any 944!
also, it's my daily driver, w/commute 80-90 miles/day, depending on route...  i
got it w/64k miles ~5 years ago; now has ~`143k, the 3.0 went in, along w/the
milano lsd t/a at ~125k.  i'm sure the mileage wood be even higher, if it
weren't for other fun things at home to scoot around in/on!  anyone wanna decent
2.5 engine & 4.10 t/a, btw?  ;~)

doug "guys w/bad p.r. skills make nice cars" sedon