Re: alfa-digest V7 #1395

As I posted earlier, I HAVE used super-glue for the same purpose, and it
has successfully held it all together for a couple of years..--maybe when
you used it, the surfaces were not pristinely clean.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 Pottree@domain.elided wrote:

> In a message dated 02/27/2000 8:22:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:
>
> << Both the little wind wing latches from my 74 Spider live in the glove box.
>  Whats the recommended cement to use to stick these little suckers back on
>  in their proper location?
>   >>

> In 14 years of trying I was never able to find an adhesive that would
> successfully reattach the latches to the glass.  Perhaps there is something
> available now.  Forget rearview mirror adhesive, superglue, clear caulk,
> Elmer's, Duocoa cement, architectural adhesive meant to attach two
> unsupported sheets of plate glass at an angle.  There is something in a tube
> called (I believe) Instead of Nails (nor similar cute name for construction
> glue) that may or may not work.  At Pinninfarina they apparently use
> something they buy on another planet, or perhaps they found a pot of
> something left over in Antonio Stradivari's workshop and made from an extinct
> fish.  However, as your car shows, it is also not always permanent.
>
> If you find something that works, please share the info!
>
> Charlie
> LA, CA, USA
>
> 84 GTV6 (problem: keeping the rearview stuck on the windshield)
> 91 Spider (windwing latches still intacto)

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******