Re: non FRAP steering parts

Wayne,
Alfa Stop stocks genuine AR OE quality steering joints made by Lemfoder,
who are listed in the AR 105 Parts Book as one of two alternative
suppliers.
Side & centre track rods ends are currently in stock, side @ GBP14.00
each (about USD23.00) each, centre @ GBP16.00 (about USD26.00) each
I am waiting for other joints to arrive.
I hope that this is of interest & look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Tony Stevens
Alfa Stop

In message , Wabbot@domain.elided writes
>Hi,
>Does anyone have a source and or part numbers for high quality non FRAP
>steering parts?  Last year I installed some Alfa factory parts which were
>repackaged FRAP parts.  After only twelve months and 4500 miles 5 out of 6
>tie rod ends and both lower ball joints on my 86 Spider have worn to the
>point of excessive free play.  The sixth tie rod end was not sourced from
>Alfa but I can't remember where I got it or what brand it was.
>
>The originals had 108,000 miles on them and a couple were in better shape
>than what is on the car now.
>
>Please copy me direct as i will probably miss it in the digest.
>
>Thanks,
>Wayne Abbott
>Durham, North Carolina

- --
Tony Stevens    http://www.alfastop.co.uk
ALFA STOP, POBox 50, Belper DE56 1AS, UK
Tel: +44 (0)177 382 2000
Fax: +44 (0)177 382 1900