Re: Safe to leave Spider Top Down in Parking Lots?

Ken Ross asked:

> What is the consensus regarding leaving the top down on a Spider in public
>  parking lots?  I would like to leave the tonneau cover on the car, but I do
>  not want to take the time to take it on and off each time I want leave the
>  car with the top down.  My fear is that people would through trash, drinks,
>  etc into the car if I leave the top down.  What is the experience from list
>  members?

Ken, I leave the top down most of the time when I am only going into a store
for a short time (30 min or less). Never had a problem with trash being
thrown in -- and you can't live in a much more trash-prone town than Tampa.
Lots of lesser cars leave their down as well, presumably with no problem.

Just tip the seats forward to avoid sun rot on the seats and the occasional
"birdie surprise" on your fine leather.

Bob Rice
Tampa
86 Spider Veloce