Re: 164s Tire choice

From: bearbvd@domain.elided (Greg Hermann)
>California's chain rules are little more than a sick joke. Flat idiotic! I
>think the main intent of them is to force folks to drive too slow!

You are very much correct. You must realize that california has long
dry days whcih allows the road to absorb more oil than anywhere else,
and when rain comes, all that oil makes surface VERY spotty, and
slippery. Traction become very inconsistant.

But most local californian don't have this concept, so at first sight
of light rain you find cars in the ditches or ran off the freeway
ramps all over places....

I agree it's really really annoying about california's cahin rule...
then again, I am glad they did, or else many other cars will become
potential danger to my alfas! :)

Jess <--- used to drive A509'd milano in Iowa for winters.