wife's car

> > There is a nice 164S with Recaro pkg for sale, in West
> >central Florida- Red with red bottom, new tires, steppers,
> >fresh motor 5K ago, very good condition, wife's car.
> I have always been curious why "wife's car" is added to
> descriptions of cars for sale.  Don't get me wrong, I'm
> not personally offended, but I just wonder, is this a
> feature?  What does it mean?  Short hops?  Lugged around
> town?  Baby spit on the seats?  Or does it mean treated
> gently, and again, with an Alfa, is this a feature?
> Conclusions to references like 'wife's car' are completely
> subject to the perspective of the reader, I guess.  In my
> case it would mean, "the car has been rigorously driven and
> maintained accordingly, doors never slammed shut, washed on
> Sundays, owner more interested in car parts than shoes."
> Somehow, I don't think that's what is meant by "wife's car".
>
> Is it?
>
> Kathy Jo
> not whinin', just curious!

In this particular situation, it is a technical situation,
as it is the guy's wife's car. Whether she babied it or not
I don't know. In this particular case, since the owner
drives an Alfa as his company car, and the wife drives an
Alfa, I don't think you have to add too much up to figure
out who owns it, but I think it's safe to say that
maintenance wasn't a issue...shall we say direct parts
availability, and I'm just listing it as a favor. The
impression I got was that it had an easy life as a result of
being the second car.

Frankly, most women who drive Alfas are comparative to guys
as they usually know what they are in, short of one woman I
know who flogged the car silly and hung it sideways most
days. And then there's Sharon in the 164 T-spark who still
has no idea that her car is a one off in the USA and drives
the damn thing all over the country and doesn't blink an
eye... "it's just a car...right"? Probably the best thing
for it.
- --
*Bill Harkell				           *
*Internet Manager				   *