RE: wife's car

If it is a Toyota Carmy, the value may go up.  But sounds like in
this case it goes the other direction.

BTW, I noticed almost every 164 advertized for sale here have motor
rebuilt before 100,000 miles.   IMHO, any modern engine with mediocre
maintenance should last well over 200,000 miles.  Unless it is used for
local grocery shopping only.

Investigate a own's driving habit can reveal more on a car's
health condition than looking at car itself.

Karl
Still wearing 12 year old new shoes.