Re: Portland, OR

> Just watch out for all the pick-ups
> that are as prevelent in OR as SUVs are in California...

Especially white ones with "E", exempt plates, and not nessicarily the
latest model.  I got nailed by a 5+ year old Ford pickup that turned
out to be driven by an older Oregon State Patrolman.  He couldn't
maintain a steady speed to save his life, but that didn't impede his
ability to turn on the red and blue flashing lights.

Oregon has a lot of fast, wide, smooth two-lane highways through
beautiful countryside in both the coastal and Cascade ranges.  The
usual speed limit of 55 mph is quite stupid.  They are just right for
cruising and viewing.  In my limited experience, English two-lane
highways are much like them (though the pavement is usually newer in
England).

For pushing the car and getting a nice workout behind the wheel, I
prefer the roads in California's coastal range.

Chris Prael